Saturday, May 29, 2010

the return of lighter leaf

I took a 'rest' from the blog that lasted about 40 days. I was get overwhelmed with my work load and then paired with my frustrations of not losing weight - it was time to step away. However, I've returned.

During my time away I certainly took time away from my weight loss goals. I didn't abandon everything, but I didn't do well and I know I've gained. I'm not ready to step on the scale again... but it won't be pretty. I also have not been to the gym in about a month because of my insanity at work. I would go into the boring details - but it got really crazy there for a few weeks and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and will be slowing down significantly within the next few days. Hallelujah.

I have the same goals, and I'm going to focus on counting calories as best possible and maintain a consistant workout schedule. I am also hoping to get a measuring tape and do some measurements so I can see change even if the weight isn't coming off as quickly as I hoped. This is not an impossible task... I just need to figure out what works for my body and where the "sweet spot" is for seeing results.

In other news, I went shopping today for a pair of shorts and purchased the largest size I have ever worn in my life. Talk about a reality check in the Macy's dressing room... ugh. I bought them anyway, because that is my reality and I'm learning to accept that. Change will come. This blog has pretty much turned into a "pep talk" for myself - so I hope you don't mind reading my "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can". Chugga Chugga Chooooo Chooooooo.

The husband and I are leaving for a vacation on Tuesday and will be gone 6 days. I'm looking forward to the time away to reconnect with my husband and seeing my family again too. (yep, a family vacation that includes my parents, myself and my husband, and my sister and her boyfriend). It should be ...interesting. My entire family struggles with weight issues - so I'm hopeful I can still make some positive choices while we're out of town.

Dinner tonight:














It was very good. If anyone has comments on portioning - does this look appropriate? I *think* this was a healthy meal... but I'm unsure about what is realistic on portions. I know that the rice said it made three servings... and the husband and I ate probably half of it, total. In regards to the tilapia, is one full fillet appropriate? thoughts?
Tilapia (a la 'me'): I chopped garlic very fine and sprinkled over the fish. Then I added lemon juice, a tiny bit of chili powder, garlic salt and pepper. Then I added a thin slice of butter on each fish. I cooked for about 15ish minutes on 350 degrees until it looked flakey. This was very good.
Boil in a bag whole grain rice
Steamed vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower and carrots

2 comments:

  1. That is TOTALLY a healthy meal! Eating that kind of food for dinner every day will certainly get you somewhere. Now, that just makes lunch a WHOLE lot more fun.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are back at it! Want to work out on Friday? I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete