Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Back on track.

Heard from the nurse today at my obgyn. Bloodwork came back normal in regards to the thyroid. (but no good reasons why I'm not getting a period...)

Sigh.

Moving forward.

I've been working out. I've been making smarter choices (compared to previous choices/desires). I've been drinking more water. I know that muscle gain is a good thing, but I need to see the numbers on my scale go down. I need the numbers to change for my own sense of success.

I have the "my fitness pal" on my iphone that tracks my food and I can keep a food diary with calorie intake. I used this a while back... but I'm going to give it another go. It says I should eat about 1,200 calories on a non-workout day, and a bit more when I workout. I also bought one of these which will track the calories burned. So I started today:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with pepper: 180 calories

Lunch: Peanut butter (1 tbs) and jelly (1 tbs) sandwhich with 1 cup of shredded wheat and a 5 calorie fuze drink: 490 calories

Dinner: 1 bean buritto from Taco Bell (no DH home tonight) and 1 cup of shredded wheat: 570 calories

Total calories for 4/14/10: 1,240 (40 over)
I guess I did pretty well. It took some planning, but I can handle it. Honestly, the calorie intake seem a little low, but if I see results - I can get used to being a bit more hungry than I have been in the past. I imagine the beginning will be harder as my stomach adjusts to not having so much food. I didn't workout today, but I have plans to attend a class on Thursday and Friday. I'll report back with how many calories I burned.

Just in case you don't already know: The fuze drinks are awesome. I love the fruit punch, slenderize. They're only 5 calories and much more exciting than water. Highly recomended!

No comments:

Post a Comment