Sunday, April 4, 2010

well hello there portion control...

...I don't think we've met before.

That will be the theme of week five: portion control.

I've been working out approx 3 times per week and have been eating better but have yet to see any (real) weight loss. I think eating less is the next step. I haven't been tracking calories too specifically - but if I can't make something happen this week... I'll start counting next week.

Tonight's dinner was very very yummy. . I think next time I will use a bit less pepper than they called for - but otherwise this was very very good, and pretty simple. We used Mahi Mahi for the fish, but I think it would also be awesome with tilapia. I'll grade this recipe an A-. You can see in the photo that I served it with corn and (canned) peaches. The husband also had rice with his dinner -but I held back and didn't have any. I tried to keep my portions small and I think the plate looks really pretty - so I was pretty proud all around. Recipe is called: Peppered fish with Vinaigrette

Honestly, I'm still hungry. We'll see how the rest of this week goes.

2 comments:

  1. Dinner looks yummy! I struggle with portion control, too. Oh that and queso.

    I bet you haven't had much lb loss because you are gaining muscle and losing fat. If you see results in your body, that's great news! Eff the scale :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm yum! and portion control is the key. i know i felt a little hungry overall for a few weeks, but i now eat half of what i used to and even though i haven't "dieted" in 6+ months, i've kept off the weight simply because my portions are so much smaller! stick to it! it'll pay off!

    ReplyDelete