Tuesday, April 13, 2010

pout.

I haven't totally abandoned the blog. Just trying to figure out what to say and what to do.

I have been working hard on this. I have seen no results. None. Honeslty, I've probably gained in the last week out of pure frustration. I cannot fit another day at the gym in my work schedule. I have changed my eating, I work out regularly. I continue to gain weight.

Off topic (but acually not, in a round-a-bout way).... I got off he pill back in January. We're not going to be making babies (on purpose) any time soon - I just wanted to get off. I have had one period since. Not normal, clearly. (Seeing as though it's Apirl 13th).

I called my doctor and she said this could be a thyroid issue and asked me to have bloodwork done. (note: had my bloodwork done back in December for thyroid concerns from my "significant" weight loss in the past year (approx 20 pounds). I did that last Friday morning.

Upon further (internet) research, my lack of menstration would fall under the "hyper" cateogry, where my weight gain and difficultly to lose weight would be "hypo" - so now I'm all confused.

The doctor was supposed to call me today and didn't. Clearly a thyroid is not life or death and she's probably off delivering babies or something more important - but good lord... I need to know. I'm not sure why I need to know so badly, but I do.

ugh.
weight loss.
ugh.
weight gain.
ugh.
failure.
ugh.
thyroids.
ugh.
doctors.
ugh.
bloodwork.
ugh.
seems
like
nothing
is
going
my
way.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're having a tough time. I really wish I knew what the answer was, or what to say to comfort you. All I can say is that I support you fully and am hoping for the best outcome of all of this. I hope you get some good news from the doctor SOON. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it sucks doesn't it? You try so hard and don't see anything for it? Have you tried tracking your calories? I've come to realize I only lose weight if I write it down even if I think I'm doing everything I should. Also if you're working out you could be losing fat and gaining muscle. It's not about the # on the scale but how your body feels. Don't give up!!

    ReplyDelete