Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I thought today was Wednesday... all day.

I woke up today and took my vitamins, got dressed, and started thinking about dinner plans. The husband and I had discussed tacos for Wednesday... so naturally, I took the meat out of the freezer to thaw for taco Wednesday.

I worked all day, got home and started preparing the dog's things for this dentist appointment tomorrow morning (ya know... Thursday morning). I start making dinner and the husband mentions "I thought tacos were our Wednesday plan".

Ummmmm.... obviously, dear husband, that's why I'm whipping up this meal.

Oops. It's Tuesday. So we had Taco Tuesday. Not a disaster, but it really threw me for a loop to find out it's Tuesday after the day was practically over.

No recipe for Tacos. The husband gets extra lean ground beef with taco seasoning and I prefer refried beans. This is one of my classic "oh dear lord... what are we going to eat tonight" meals. Not that you couldn't imagine what tacos look like - but a photo kind of brightens up these posts - so there ya have it.

I took a Body Flow class this morning at the gym. It was the same class that I took on Friday with a different instructor. It was so freakin hard. So hard. Hard to the point where I had to stop several times and breathe deeply and remind myself that I was capable of completing that class. There were moments during that hour that I looked in the mirror and thought "CAN I do this?" "Look at how easy it is for everyone else", "Look how far I have to go". These thoughts are fleeting, but there. Working through them every day. It will be a long road that will require millions of baby steps. I probably have only taken 2.

Steps taken in weight loss: 2 of 1465453 million.

overwhelmed.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, yesterday felt like Wednesday to me, too.
    Keep it up with the baby steps! Got to start somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vic! So ready for spring break next week!

    ReplyDelete