Wednesday, March 3, 2010

the start.

I'm a 25 year old woman living in Texas with my husband. We've been married a little over a year and all-in-all... life is good. We love our jobs, our families, friends and our dog. We're enjoying spending time together before it's time for the next step that life will bring (whatever that may be). As I said, life is good. However...

I feel like I could be a happier and healthier person if I lost weight. A significant amount of weight. Compared to a lot of people, I'm very fortunate. I haven't had to worry about my weight at all until the last year and a half. Marriage has, to quote my (incredible sympathetic) doctor, made me very "fat and happy". For a long time I thought 'I don't know how this happened'... but if I was honest, I know exactly how it happened. I ate crap, all the time, thinking there would be no consequences. I was wrong, very wrong.

My goal to lose weight has several different facets:
1. Cooking more, eating out less.
2. Cooking better, more healthful meals.
3. Creating a meal plan each week.
4. Drinking lots more water.
5. Eating well at work.
6. Working out regularly.
7. Losing 25-30 pounds.

I will post my weekly meal plan, and results of recipes I find and cooked. I also plan on logging my weekly exercise plan/results and weekly weigh-in results. Hopefully I'll come across some interesting facts, good foods, and something that will make this blog worth reading!!

I will be very open and honest on this blog about my journey to turn a lighter leaf. I plan on posting actual numbers (scary!), photos (even more scary!) and as many yummy and healthy recipes that I can find. Struggles and triumphs are inevitable - and available for all to read.

If you have any advice, information, (constructive) critiques, or anything else to share please please please comment or you can email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment