Friday, March 26, 2010

weigh in: week 3 and knee update

After last week's weigh in I was very frustrated.
Friday night we left for the in laws and there was a mini family reunion where there was nothing but eating. And I partcipated fully... all weekend long.

When I got back home on Monday, I had gained two more pounds since Friday. Upset, I didn't eat well at all this week, thus - not posting on this blog. This (past) weeks dinner:
  • Monday: Pizza
  • Tuesday: Leftover Pizza
  • Wednesday: Spaghetti
  • Thursday: After a failed attempt at cooking a healthy dinner (it looked disgusting), we ordered Pizza.
I'm embarrassed and sad by this week.

Somehow, I lost 1 pound of the weekend weight... but overall, it's still bad news:

Current Weight: 163.3
Starting Weight: 163.5
Total Weight loss (after two weeks of ups and downs): 0.2 pounds
Goal Weight: 133

I am starting over. Next week will be a new week.

An update about my busted knee that I posted about Wednesday:
I went to my doctor on Thursday. As I was turning into the parking lot - I got rear-ended by somone who was too busy talking on his cell phone to apply the breaks. ugh.

Once I got into the doctor 30 minutes late - she (thankfully) still saw me. After a lot of pushing pulling and turning on my knee she said she thinks it is tendonitis in my left knee. With my career - it's probably been in my knee a long time, but the spinning class brought it out in full force.

From now on, no more spinning classes - and I need to be careful running. Thankfully, I hate hate hate running so I won't be doing of that anytime soon. I was given so higher dosage pain killers and she said to take it easy for the next week.

I still plan on working out next week - but i may focus more on weights than cardio to rest my knee. I will also do a meal plan for next week - and will post that by Sunday.

I can do this. I can do this. This will not beat me.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you'll be able to keep working out. Be careful! And good luck with meals in the coming week. I was *awful* this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your bad week. Good luck next week, you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we have a bad week, and sometimes we have good weeks, you're looking at it the right way though, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and this week is a new week! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo tendonitis! I got it in my shoulder last year, and it started up again recently, but my chiropractor gives me exercises to help it heal and tells me what to do and what to avoid. So helpful! Let me know if you want her contact info.

    ReplyDelete