Saturday, March 13, 2010

weekend warrior

Well, Friday didn't go so well on the 'eat healthy' front. We met up with some friends for dinner at Trudy's downtown. Just for fun... here is what I had:

Chips
Salsa
Another round of chips
Mexican Martini
A few sips of water
2 Cheese Enchiladas... with queso sauce on top
Refried Beans
Rice
A second Mexican Martini

...I was fun and had reached the drink limit - so what shall we do?
Just (have the husband drive, then) head to a friends place and have a Rum and Dr. Pepper... of course. By the time I finished my drink, I was barely awake and we came home to pretty much fell into bed.

Saturday the husband and I woke up and took the dog to the Farmers Market in town. It was a beautiful day and we had such a great time people watching.
Afterwards, we came home and caught up on our DVR and then I made dinner. I used this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Angel-Hair-Pasta-with-Shrimp-and-Basil/Detail.aspx I used wheat pasta and this was soooooooo yummy. It gives me a pasta fix in a new way, and this is probably a bit healthier than what I usually make. This really was so good. Certainly giving this one an A+. It really reminded me of what I order at Carrabas Italian Resturant.

I anticipate that I got myself into a situation where I will need to 'make up' for Saturday's eating fest. However, that's life and I am not going to pretend it is realistic for me to cook at home every night. Losing weight or not, our lifestyle is one that includes going out with friends. I just need to find the best balance possible for my life and my health.

2 comments:

  1. Way to be accountable. We all slip up sometimes. That pasta dish looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try this recipe. Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete