Wednesday, March 17, 2010

picky.

Growing up my mom was vegetarian, but my dad was not. A lot of nights she would make a meal for herself and a meal for the rest of our family. By the time I was about 10 years old I had decided that I did not like meat and my mom would make a vegetarian meal for us, and a meat meal for my dad and sister.

My dislike of meat is purely taste-based. I don't like the smell, the taste, the texture - nothing. I do however love me some fish. Strangely enough, my mom abanonded her vegetarian ways when I was in college and now I'm left alone with my anti-meat pickiness.

The husband is awesome with this. He doesn't really love turkey, chicken, but enjoys gettting a steak when we eat out... and is all for fish. The husband mentioned he was kind of 'fished' out on Monday night so Tuesday we did Chicken Tacos and I figured I could suck it up and try chicken again (it had been about 8 years since I tried it).

yuck.

I've heard raves and raves and raves about this recipe so I KNOW others will love it - but it was not our thing. We made it in the crockpot, shredded it, cooked it again for another 30 minutes then put them in tortillas with cheese and lettuce. Here's the link: http://sherj.blogspot.com/2009/11/kas-crockpot-chicken-tacos.html

I ended up scraping out all the chicken and just eating the whole grain tortillas with cheese.

I also suck at working out this week and haven't gone once. Not once. Ugh. I do have plans to go this afternoon, so I know I'll be able to get in at least 3 workouts... but I'm a bit disappointed in myself. My mind is on spring break - and I need to get back on the bandwagon pronto.

Happy St. Patricks Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment